Caoimhín Ó Dochartaigh was one of Derry’s best-loved traditional musicians and a dedicated supporter of young musicians. This event focuses on promoting emerging and young talent within the folk and traditional music genres.
Bands, duos and solo performers compete for the chance to perform during one of the festival’s main concerts, sharing a bill with one of the headline acts. The winning act will also go home with a cash prize!
New and emerging musicians and bands are advised not to miss out on this exciting opportunity which could be the perfect launch pad for a career in music.
RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. There are three eligible categories:
- bands (consisting of between 3 and 8 musicians)
- duos (consisting of 2 lead instruments or 1 lead instrument with accompanist)
- singers (consisting of 1 self-accompanying singer or 1 singer with accompanist)
2. The style of music should ideally be rooted in traditional music, but may include elements of other styles and genres. Songs may be traditional or recent compositions, including cover versions.
3. Adjudication will be made with special consideration given to: standard of playing/ singing, originality of material, innovation and creativity in musical arrangements. Adjudication will remain anonymous until all acts have been heard and the grand final will have a panel of guest judges. The judges’ decision is final.
4. The closing date for entries is 31st December 2018.
5. Entrants must submit a demo of their music via email to email@example.com The recording must be of a suitable quality and be an accurate representation of a live performance. Acceptable submission formats are: .wav, .aiff, .mp3, .m4a, SoundCloud or Youtube links.
6. All entrants must be available between 27th January and 10th of February 2019.
7. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A slot during one of IMBOLC International Music Festival’s main concerts, sharing the stage with one of the headline acts.
- Concert during Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin’s regular concert series
- Cash prize of £1000