In the few short years of its existence IMBOLC International Music Festival has grown to become one of Ireland’s leading folk and world music festivals. Whilst still firmly rooted in the musical cultures of this island, the festival has grown in depth and breadth and now encompasses music genres ranging from folk, traditional and roots to jazz, contemporary and world music.
IMBOLC Festival is a vibrant, innovative and energetic organisation and contributes to many aspects of the cultural life of the city and region, enhancing the lives of people, not just locally but also further afield.
We exist to:
- Present a diverse range of performances from artists from Ireland and world-wide;
- Offer high-quality cultural activities to as wide a range of people as possible, at affordable prices;
- Offer a showcase for Ireland’s rich culture;
- Encourage and provide opportunities for everyone to engage with and participate in the arts, irrespective of means and ability;
- Contribute to the growth of the cultural tourism sector in the city and wider region.