IMBOLC International Arts Festival is a fantastic ten-day celebration of music, arts and culture set in Derry’s new Cultural Quarter in Great James Street, and other locations throughout the city.
Since the festival first took flight just five years ago, we are pleased and proud to have received international recognition and a national reputation as a festival of renown. This year we are back with another fabulous programme showcasing a host of artists from around the world.
The commissioning of new work from established artists and from the amazing breadth of emergent creative talent in the country today is one of IMBOLC Festival’s priorities. This provides us the opportunity to present innovative new work, and with the development of two new orchestras, IMBOLC Orchestra and IMBOLC Youth Folk orchestra, presents exciting opportunities to engage young musicians.
With a programme that cuts across traditional artform boundaries IMBOLC 2020 showcases leading artists, musicians, writers, and cultural activists in talks, screenings, exhibitions and writing over the 10 days of the festival.
We exist to:
- Present a diverse range of performances from artists from Ireland and world-wide;
- Offer high-quality cultural activities to as wide a range of people as possible, at affordable prices;
- Offer a showcase for Ireland’s rich culture;
- Encourage and provide opportunities for everyone to engage with and participate in the arts, irrespective of means and ability;
- Contribute to the growth of the cultural tourism sector in the city and wider region.